10 Ways Small Businesses Can Spend Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency in 2018
Small businesses owners can take advantage of a number of options that allow them to reinvest cryptocurrency earnings before converting the revenue to fiat. This allows them to avoid conversion times of two to three days, or longer, and sidestep exposure to market volatility.
Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies can be used for all kinds of expenditures, from airline flights to office supplies to accounting services.
Here’s a selection from an extensive list compiled by Fitsmallbusiness.com to help small business owners determine the best places to spend crypto in a growing marketplace for Bitcoin adoption.
Travel & Amenities
• CheapAir.com lets customers purchase flights, hotels and car rentals with Bitcoin.
• Expedia accepts Bitcoin for hotel bookings.
• Hotels.com and various airlines accept gift cards from Gyft and eGifter that you can buy with Bitcoin and crypto.
• Use Bitcoin to buy CoinFuel gift cards for Uber, Chevron, Shell and several other gas stations.
High-end companies can turbo charge their expenditures:
• Charter global flights on Surf Air and pay with Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin.
• Calculate your crypto countdown to a new company car with When Lambo?.
Bling Up Your Biz With New Gear
• Shop Newegg to buy computers and printers, network solutions, smartphones and phone systems with Bitcoin.
Office Furniture at Your Doorstep
• Spend your Bitcoin and crypto at Overstock.com, one of the first e-commerce platforms to accept digital currencies.
• Juliettes Interiors has a high-end online showroom for your Bitcoin purchases.
Explore the Cloud
• BitHost offers cloud-based servers for small business owners. Pay a monthly fee from $7 – $896 for 512MB to 64GB services powered by Digital Ocean or $52 – $1,790 for 8GB to 128GB services powered by Packet.net.
Claim Your Domain
• Bitcoin is a payment option at NameCheap, a leading domain registrar that offers hosting and website design services as well.
Build Your Web Presence
• Use Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and more to pay for hosting services on CoinHost.
• HosterBox is a web hosting company that accepts Bitcoin through BitPay.
• SearchCandy accepts Ripple (XRP) as payment for their SEO services.
• Use Bitcoin to build your web presence with SocialTrades, a social media management service to grow your business with more clicks, likes and engagement.
• Stay online with Dish Network which accepts Bitcoin for internet and cable services.
Explore Professional Services
• Law firms like Steptoe & Johnson LLP, Frost Brown Todd LLC, and McLaughlin & Stern LLP are reportedly accepting cryptocurrency. Investigate local lawyers in your area to see if they’re accepting Bitcoin or any cryptocurrencies.
• Accounting firms large and small, from industry leaders Price Waterhouse and Ernst & Young to HappyTax and The Crypto CPAs are reportedly accepting Bitcoin as payment for their services.
Small businesses can also reach out to the community with a Bitcoin or crypto donation. Several organizations, including a mosque in London, BitGiv, a non-profit organization focused on public health and the environment, Greenpeace, Red Cross, the United Way, Save the Children and a local accept Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies directly or through BitPay, a global payment provider that allows customers to store and spend Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash for a flat 1% settlement fee.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Your transfers and trades are at your own risk. Any loses you may incur are your responsibility. Please note that The Daily Hodl also participates in affiliate marketing programs.