Top Cryptocurrency Picks for 2018
With over 2,000 cryptocurrencies in today’s market, finding the next big game-changer like Ethereum is challenging. When making investments, it’s important to do your own due diligence by reading white papers, analyzing the competition and assessing risk.
Here are two roundups from two traders who have been following the cryptocurrency markets for several years.
Tommy World Power bought Ethereum at $1.00. Ethereum had a recent all-time high of over $800. Since his 2018 picks posted 30 days ago, several have surged. They still have low enough market caps to see 5x – 10x gains in 2018.
- Gas (GAS) – The currency for NEO
- Pascal Coin (PASC) – High transaction cryptocurrency (72,000 transactions/second)
- Aion (AION) – Multi-tier blockchain network for scalability, privacy and interoperability
- Wanchain (WAN) – Distributed financial platform for smart contract execution with privacy protection; fork of Ethereum
- Dragonchain (DRGN) – Functioning smart contract platform
- Icon (ICX) – Smart contract platform
- SmartCash (SMART) – Similar to Dash, a self-funding cryptocurrency
- NEO (NEO) – Ethereum’s biggest competitor
- Zcoin (XZC) – Privacy coin
- Monero (XMR) – Leading privacy coin
- Ardor (ARDR) – Scalability platform for smart contracts
- Chainlink (LINK) – Connectivity for smart contract usability
- Ethereum (ETH) – Distributed computer platform for smart contracts
- Dash (DASH) – Cryptocurrency with treasury system
- Ark (ARK) – Smart bridge system to control a range of smart contract platforms
Nugget’s News Australia has rated the top 10 underrated cryptocurrencies for 2018.
Low on social media hype, these projects are tackling a range of real-world problems in a variety of industries.
- Maker (MKR) – Dai Stablecoin, the new Tether
- DigixDAO (DGD) – Scarce governance token
- 0x (ZRX) – Decentralized exchange protocol
- Nexus (NXS) – Decentralized internet
- Funfair (FUN) – Game-changing blockchain casino technology
- Quantstamp (QSP) – Protocol for securing smart contracts
- Enigma (ENG) – Decentralized data protocol to create micro hedge funds
- Modum (MOD) – Supply chain logistics
- Etherparty (FUEL) – Simplifying smart contracts using drop and drag technology
- Horizon State (HST) – Redesigning democracy, disrupting decision-making process
What’s your number one pick for 2018? Let us know in the comments!
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Your transfers and trades are at your own risk. Any losses you may incur are your responsibility. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.