Study: Vast Majority of Americans Have Heard About Bitcoin
A new large-scale survey shows the vast majority of Americans are well aware of Bitcoin. About six in 10 Americans have heard of Bitcoin, according to the poll of 5,761 people.
Here are key points from the survey:
• 5% of those surveyed currently own Bitcoin
• 21% say they are thinking about buying Bitcoin
• 69% expect the price of Bitcoin to be higher in five years
• 13% expect the price of Bitcoin to be lower in five years
• 38% believe Bitcoin is in a short-term bubble that will pop this year
• 71% of Bitcoin owners are male
The margin of error is set at plus or minus two percentage points.