EOS, a blockchain architecture that promises the potential to scale to millions of transactions per second, eliminate user fees and allow quick and easy deployment of decentralized applications, continues to reach new milestones in the cryptocurrency community. Led by CEO Brendan Blumer and CTO Daniel Larimer’s BlockOne team, the company has recently made several key announcements:
- The first feature-complete pre-release of EOSIO, Dawn 3.0.
- A partnership with blockchain veterans Michael Cao and Winnie Liu to form a $200 million joint venture fund to focus on projects in Asia that are utilizing EOS.io.
- A partnership with FinLabAG to form a $100 million joint venture fund to focus on projects in Europe that are utilizing EOS.io.
- A partnership with Mike Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital to form a $325 million joint venture fund to focus on projects that are utilizing EOS.io.
- A partnership with Bitfinex to build the world’s first decentralized exchange – Eosfinex – on the EOS.io platform, furthering its ambitions as the world’s most powerful infrastructure for decentralized applications.
EOS Upcoming Events
- The eosDAC airdrop, scheduled at 01:00 (UTC) on April 15. To qualify, you need to hold more than 100 EOS tokens. If you meet the threshold, each EOS token will earn one token of eosDAC, an evolving decentralized autonomous community (DAC) serving the global EOS community.
- EOS Hackathon: Hong Kong, June 9-10, 2018 (part of the EOS Global Hackathon series for hackers, product developers, marketers and business leaders to create the next wave of blockchain dApps — $1.5 million in prizes, swag, gadgets and travel).
- EOS Hackathon: Sydney, August 4 – 5, 2018
- EOS Hackathon: London, September 22-23, 2018
- Local community upcoming events include an EOS Dapp Kickoff Meetup in Santa Monica on April 26, an EOS Hackathon in Trondheim, Norway on April 28 – 29 hosted by BitSpace in collaboration with KaupangKrypto and NTNU Accel, and an EOS Blockchain Governance Talk led by Thomas Cox in Austin, Texas on April 11.
What do I need to do before June 1st if I hold EOS tokens?
Currently, EOS runs on the Ethereum blockchain. On or before June 1, EOS tokens will become non-transferable.
As stated on their website,
EOS Tokens will become fixed (non-transferable) on the Ethereum blockchain within 23 hours after the end of the final EOS Token distribution period which will occur on June 1, 2018 at 22:59:59 UTC. At this point the EOS Token distribution process will be complete and any person who wishes to launch an EOS Platform adopting the EOS.IO Software will be able to generate a JSON file mapping EOS public keys to the fixed balances of the EOS Tokens from the state of the Ethereum blockchain.
Once the EOS (ERC-20) tokens are frozen, they will be recreated 1:1 on the newly launched EOS network in June.
In order to register EOS tokens, you’ll need to have a wallet address that you can register at EOS.io. Scroll down to “Get EOS” section.
Follow the prompts to click “Register”. For more detailed instructions, visit this Reddit thread.Don't Miss a Beat – Subscribe to get crypto email alerts delivered directly to your inbox
Check Price Action
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix