Over 500 gamers across the globe reveal their opinions about the blockchain and cryptocurrencies in a new survey.
The participants were predominantly male (91%), ages 25-44. The US represented 25% of the gamers, followed by Japan (12%), Russia (5%), and the UK and Canada (4%).
Conducted by Swiss-based BitCrystals, a blockchain-based gaming ecosystem where players have full ownership of their digital property, the survey highlights the behavior of players on Spells of Genesis (SoG), the BitCrystals F2P mobile game that tokenizes items on the blockchain. Players can either opt in or opt out the game’s blockchain functionality.
Survey participants are also users of the Book of Orbs, a mobile app available on Android and iOS that allows users to collect and trade ORBs (Ownership Revolution on the Blockchain) in order to send and receive blockchain assets.
- 83% of participants had invested in Bitcoin
- 75% of participants had invested in Ethereum
- 45% of participants had invested in Litecoin
- 46% of players purchased or traded an item on the blockchain in the last 13 months
- 54% of players made no purchases or trades on the blockchain over the past 12 months
- Of the gamers who made no blockchain transactions, 33% said it was because they didn’t have enough money
- Of the gamers who made blockchain transactions, 51% traded or purchased four or more items on the blockchain
- 27% purchased or traded 10 or more items on the blockchain
- 19% spent $500 on blockchain-based assets
- 15% spent $150-$100 on blockchain-based assets
- Roughly 50% spent under $100 on blockchain-based assets
Despite warnings and crackdowns from governments around the world against Initial Coin Offerings, the survey revealed that the gamers actively participated in ICOs, with 66% investing in an ICO over the past 12 months.Don't Miss a Beat – Subscribe to get crypto email alerts delivered directly to your inbox
Check Price Action
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix