$40 Million in Cryptocurrency Is Coming to NEO Investors
NEO investors are receiving a major airdrop worth more than $40 million.
Anyone who has owned NEO since March 1st has been handed 0.1 Ontology (ONT) tokens for every NEO they hold. This is the second airdrop from Ontology, a platform designed to allow companies with little knowledge of distributed ledgers to bring their infrastructure onto the blockchain.
After successfully launching its own mainnet, Ontology is officially leaving the NEO network and starting its token swap. Here are the details on the airdrop, according to the team at Ontology:
The second half of the airdrop (an additional 0.1 ONT per 1 NEO) has how been sent. For those who received the first half of the airdrop, it was not sent to your NEO address, instead it was sent to your MainNet ONT address. Your MainNet ONT address has the same public address, private key, and WIF as your NEO address.
There are several ways for you to access your MainNet ONT address:
- Using ONTO ( https://onto.app/). Once you have downloaded ONTO, use the “Import a wallet” function. Enter your NEO wallet private key or WIF, create a password, and you will be able to see your MainNet ONT in your wallet.
- Using third party wallets which will support MainNet ONT. O3 have announced they will support MainNet ONT in their latest version.
- If your NEO was on an exchange address during the snapshot, please refer to the exchange for their ONT airdrop policy.
ONT and ONG (Ontology’s gas token) transactions have a 0.01 ONG fee.
There are several ways you can get ONG:
- When you complete NEP-5 ONT token swap you will automatically receive your unclaimed ONG since the beginning of MainNet. You can read more about ONG unbinding here.
- If you have unbound ONG you can claim it at any time (however, this too requires a 0.01 ONG fee). Your claimable ONG will only update after a transaction has been made.
- Buy ONG on exchanges when it is listed.
Airdrops are free token giveaways designed to grab attention and help people discover new projects.
You can find out more about the Ontology airdrops here.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Your transfers and trades are at your own risk. Any losses you may incur are your responsibility. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.