Crypto Speculation Beats Bitcoin Crime, Blockchain Voting Hits the US, and the Fiat Bubble Looms Large
Blockchain Voting Becomes Reality
The state of West Virginia is the first to allow citizens to vote using the blockchain.
The state will allow members of the US military who are stationed overseas to vote on mobile phones. The tech will be powered by blockchain startup Voatz, following a successful pilot program launched earlier this year.
We are thrilled our efforts to make mobile voting a reality are sparking an engaged conversation around the nation's first mobile voting pilot in a federal election. Here is our full statement on reports of our West Virginia program: https://t.co/n9XMD200re
— Voatz (@Voatz) August 8, 2018
Finance Author Predicts Fiat Dollar Collapse and Rise of Crypto
The author of the best-selling finance book “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” says Bitcoin will replace the US dollar, which he calls “fake money.”
In an April podcast of Sane Crypto, author Robert Kiyosaki said America’s practice of printing more money is creating a bubble bound to burst. “I think the dollar is toast because gold and silver and cyber currency are going to take it out,” he said. “The US dollar is a scam. I think we’re watching the end of the dollar.”
Bitcoin Speculation Outweighs Crime
An expert at the US Drug Enforcement Administration says criminal activity connected to Bitcoin has dropped dramatically in the last five years.
Lilita Infante told Bloomberg that in 2013 her analysis of Bitcoin showed criminal activity accounted for 90% of all transactions. Today illegal activity has dropped to around 10%, with market speculation fueling the other 90% of all Bitcoin transactions.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.