Tron (TRX) Torches Half a Billion Tokens As TronWallet Launches on App Store
Tron (TRX) just burned its fourth round of ERC20 tokens. This time around, Tron torched 670,045,551 coins that are no longer needed, now that the platform has left the Ethereum network.
Long story short, the coin burn essentially means Tron sent the dusty old tokens to a wallet no one has access to, removing them from circulation.
Meanwhile, TronWallet just launched on the iOS App Store, after its developers put in a ton of overtime to earn Apple’s approval.
“This past month of development has been a nail-biter with the App Store issues and multiple bugs creeping up as part of normal development of a feature that almost entirely rewrites the foundations of the app but with the help of the always helpful strong brazilian coffee and hard work we pulled through and are ready to complete our most ambitious release yet. For all our iOS users out there, your time has come!”
Here’s a look at some of the features:
- Fully decentralized P2P wallet with no login and no signup
- Local secret encryption + PIN
- All Tron network operations supported with the exception of ‘create token’
- Create multiple accounts and store contacts in address book
- Push notifications to get notified immediately once transactions are processed
- Open source with privacy – private keys belong only to the user
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Your transfers and trades are at your own risk. Any losses you may incur are your responsibility. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.