January Cryptocurrency Predictions Report: Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Tron, Cardano, Monero, NEO, Dogecoin
HodlX Guest Blog Submit Your Post
Price comparison site finder.com has released its January Cryptocurrency Predictions Survey including forecasts for the end of 2019, with 11 coins forecast.
- Nearly all coins expected to fall by February 1, 2019
- TRON (TRX), Dogecoin (DOGE) and Litecoin (LTC) to experience biggest drops
- Stellar (XLM) and Cardano (ADA) are the only coins predicted to increase this month
- Bitcoin (BTC), Cardano (ADA), and Stellar (XLM) top coins picked for 2019
Experts have shared their 2019 forecasts for eight of the top 10 coins by market cap, as well as the top three trending coins, Monero, Dogecoin and NEO.
Nearly all coins are expected to fall over the next month, with the exception of Cardano and Stellar, which are expected to increase by 43% and 84%, respectively.
TRON, Dogecoin, and Litecoin are set to experience the greatest drops by February 1, 2019, with forecasted falls of 52%, 47%, and 35%, respectively.
While nearly all coins are predicted to decrease over the next month, five of these falling coins are anticipated to recover over the next year. This means that over the course of the year, a total of seven coins are predicted to increase in value.
The coins predicted to see the greatest growth in 2019 are Stellar, Cardano, and Bitcoin, with forecasted growth of 260%, 91%, and 84%, respectively.
Bitcoin is splitting opinion among the panelists, with a predicted decrease in value of 7% this month. However, the panelists expect the coin to recover to $6,947 USD by years-end.
Alisa Gul, CEO of WishKnish, believes the fact that “the bearish pressure on the global stock market doesn’t seem to have a lasting effect [on price], as does the easing of the difficulty of the validating algorithm” means that “it’s hard right now to see much of a light at the end of this tunnel.”
However, Joe Raczynski of JoeTechnologist gives some cause for optimism. While he notes that “many of the institutional players have said they are done with this experiment (publicly)”, this could be a temporary stance because “if there are any dramatic shifts with the economy (the expectation is slightly more likely than not), Bitcoin will be a safe haven.”
The six panelists in the December Cryptocurrency Predictions Report include:
- Craig Cobb: Founder of TraderCobb.com, designed to educate people on crypto trading in a way that is simple, easy and logical
- Alisa Gus: CEO of WishKnish, a blockchain gamified social market network aimed at helping communities grow, and founding member of the DC Digital Economy Hub
- Fred Schebesta: Co-founder of global comparison site finder.com and OTC cryptocurrency trading platform HiveEx.com
- Jimmy Song: Bitcoin core developer, educator and entrepreneur. He is a venture partner at Blockchain Capital LLC and teaches Bitcoin and blockchain programming at Programming Blockchain.
- Ben Ritchie: COO of Digital Capital Management, a premium digital asset fund. He is also CEO of consulting service Bitcoin Advisors.
- Joseph Raczynski: Experienced technology consultant and manager specialising in blockchain technology. He specialises in AI, cybersecurity and legal technology.
Jon Ostler, UK CEO at finder.com says,
“December surprised quite a few people, with a lot of coins rising fairly consistently. This has continued to be the case so far in January, although our panelists don’t expect this trend to last for all coins. Past experience in this sector also reminds us that a month of gradual price movements can change in a matter of hours.
“It is important that people are aware of the volatile nature of cryptocurrencies. When considering the purchase of cryptocurrency, people should always be prepared to do their own research and decide what’s right based on their personal financial circumstances.”