From 12 Bitcoin price predictions to a new Tron BitTorrent competitor, here’s a look at some of the stories breaking in the world of crypto.
A total of 12 crypto insiders are offering their predictions on the price of Bitcoin by the end of 2019. From Tron founder Justin Sun to BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes, here’s a look at the forecasts rounded up by CoinTelegraph Japan.
• Arthur Hayes, CEO of BitMEX – from $1,000 to $10,000
• Justin Sun, CEO of Tron – from $3,000 to $6,000
• Sunny Lu, CEO of VeChain – from $2,500 to $100,000
• Andy Zhang, CEO of OKEx – from $3,000 to $2 million
• Xiaoning Nan, CEO of OceanEX – from $2,500 to $25,000
• David Kim, CEO of Blue Block Capital – from $10 to $29,000
• Richard Yun, COO of Coinplug – from $3,500 to $15,000
• Mati Greenspan, senior eToro market analyst – from $50 and $1 million
• Ann Shinsin, do-founder of Golden Money – from $2,000 to $20,000
• Yu Di, founder of WXY Consulting – from $3,000 to $30,000
• Wang Fong, founder of Mars Finance – from $2,000 to $8,000
• Seth Rim, CEO of SoarEx – from $2,500 to $30,000
Ripple and XRP
Ripple partner and international payment platform TransferGo says Ripple is a central piece of its plan to power global payments in real time. TransferGo utilizes Ripple’s cross-border payment solution xCurrent, and according to CEO Daumantas Dvilinskas, the company is exploring the benefits of Ripple’s XRP-powered xRapid.
“Our vision is to become a global real-time payments company… players who are not thinking about this will get left behind. That’s why we see Ripple as a strategic partner moving forward.” – @TransferGo Head of Operations, @TomasSnitka pic.twitter.com/9BsW8vc3fW
— Ripple (@Ripple) February 6, 2019
The Ethereum-based torrenting platform Upfiring just launched. The file-sharing app is a competitor to Tron’s BitTorrent and utilizes the Upfiring Token (UFR) to encourage people to use the platform.
A new video showing how crypto can be used in the real world caught fire on Twitter. It shows self-proclaimed Litecoin evangelist John Kim tipping a bartender with LTC.
— Jon Moore BTC/LTC 🔑 (@jonnylitecoin) February 2, 2019
The Stellar-based exchange and wallet Inter.Stellar just reached a new milestone. The platform says its app has now crossed 10,000 downloads on Android.
The Australia-based crypto exchange CoinSpot just listed Tron’s BitTorrent Token (BTT), and says it will support future airdrops of the new cryptocurrency.
We’ve just listed #BitTorrent (BTT)!
Happy Trading 🚀 pic.twitter.com/RQDvYkAA6w
— CoinSpot (@coinspotau) February 1, 2019