Cryptocurrency market capitalization reached a high of $185.89 billion as Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETC) increased by $3 billion and $1.7 billion, respectively, over a 24-hour period.
The near five-month high of $185.89 billion is the largest recorded crypto market cap since mid-November 2018.
On April 1st, the total market cap stood at $146.2 billion.
Total Cryptocurrency Market Capitalization
Bitcoin continues to lead the market rally with BTC dominance at 50.8%. The world’s largest cryptocurrency reached a high of $5,316 on Sunday. Ethereum climbed to $184.38, up 10%, with a daily volume of over $9 billion, its highest level in more than a year.
Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and EOS have posted market cap increases of $1 billion or more within the past week.
Altcoin Flows Since April 1
- Bitcoin Cash market cap increased by $2.45 billion, according to CoinMarketCap, after a consolidation of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHABC) listings
- XRP market cap increased by $1.766 billion
- Litecoin market cap increased by $1.674 billion
- EOS market cap increased by $1.095 billion
- Cardano (ADA) market cap increasedy $435 million
- Stellar (XLM) market cap increased by $400 million
- Tron (TRX) market cap increased by over $350 million
- Binance Coin market cap decreased by $89 million
Stellar Lumens closely trails Binance Coin (BNB) following a 6% increase to $0.134. Its current market cap is $2,497,245,435 compared to $2,599,626,913 for BNB. Since April 1, BNB is the only coin in the top 10 to post a declining market cap.
At time of writing, Tron is currently up 8.9% at $.031, the highest percentage gainer among the top 10 coins. Ethereum is the second-highest percentage gainer at $178.29, up 6.18%. Bitcoin is currently up 1.55% at $5,209, and XRP is down .68% at $.357.