Bitcoin whales are out to play, as the price of BTC surges above $5,500.
In the last 10 hours, whales have moved 20,974 BTC, worth more than $116 million. The single biggest transfer, totaling 9,000 BTC worth $49.8 million, was from one unknown wallet to another.
Whale watchers are tracking a total of seven transactions, with most of the BTC heading to unknown wallets.
One transfer of 1,200 BTC worth $6.7 million was sent from an unknown wallet to the crypto exchange Bitfinex, which indicates the crypto trader may be thinking about selling.
- 4,387 #BTC (24,406,318 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 914 #BTC (5,110,687 USD) transferred from #Bitstamp to unknown wallet
- 3,053 #BTC (17,232,141 USD) transferred from http://Coinfloor.co.uk to unknown wallet
- 9,000 #BTC (49,801,303 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 1,225 #BTC (6,744,227 USD) transferred from #Bitstamp to unknown wallet
- 1,195 #BTC (6,616,286 USD) transferred from #bitFlyer to unknown wallet
- 1,200 #BTC (6,703,615 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to #Bitfinex
For the most part, the crypto market remains in the green, according to data compiled by Coin360. Bitcoin is up 5.29% at $5,584. Ethereum is up 2.47% at $174.10, and XRP is up 0.77% at $0.3259.
Technical analysts are mixed across the board on Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and Litecoin, with $5,700 as the new level of near-term resistance for BTC.
Crypto Briefing – $5,700 now the strongest form of near-term technical resistance
Live Bitcoin News – ETH bulls eyeing fresh 2019 high
Blockonomi – Start of much larger rally towards $200
Blockonomi – BTC rally could pump XRP above $0.3400
Blockonomi – Fresh upside above $85 on deck
FXStreet – LTC/USD recovery capped by $80.00
Seeking Alpha – Litecoin likely heading into consolidation and bearish territory