From trepidation over a big Bitcoin transfer to the expansion of Grayscale Ethereum Trust, here’s a look at some of the stories breaking in the world of crypto.
Crypto whale watchers are setting their sights on a huge Bitcoin transfer from an unknown wallet to the crypto exchange Coinbase.
The whale moved 8,884 BTC worth about $101.5 million, leading traders to wonder if the holder in question plans to sell some of their holdings on the open market. But so far since the transfer, the price of BTC has continued to rise to a 2019 high of about $12,255 at time of writing, indicating the fears may be unwarranted.
On June 4th, a crypto whale was blamed for triggering a market sell-off after moving 25,160 BTC to Coinbase just before the price of BTC dropped.
In the last 24 hours, whales have moved a total of 32,006 Bitcoin worth roughly $364 million at time of transfer, with 11,041 BTC sent from unknown wallets to crypto exchanges.
- 750 BTC worth $8.8 million transferred from Poloniex to unknown wallet
- 533 BTC worth $6.1 million transferred from Bitstamp to Coinbase
- 500 BTC worth $5.7 million transferred from unknown wallet to Bitmex
- 890 BTC worth $10.1 million transferred from Bitstamp to unknown wallet
- 3,005 BTC worth $34.5 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 3,079 BTC worth $34.8 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 4,126 BTC worth $46.9 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 582 BTC worth $6.6 million transferred from Bitfinex to unknown wallet
- 800 BTC worth $9.1 million transferred from Bitfinex to unknown wallet
- 8,884 BTC worth $101.5 million transferred from unknown wallet to Coinbase
- 524 BTC worth $5.9 million transferred from unknown wallet to Coinbase
- 835 BTC worth $9.4 million transferred from Bitfinex to unknown wallet
- 865 BTC worth $9.8 million transferred from Poloniex to unknown wallet
- 463 BTC worth $5.2 million transferred from unknown wallet to Poloniex
- 2,550 BTC worth $28.7 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 2,450 BTC worth $27.6 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 670 BTC worth $7.5 million transferred from unknown wallet to Poloniex
- 500 BTC worth $5.7 million transferred from Poloniex to unknown wallet
The world’s largest cryptocurrency asset manager has officially opened its Grayscale Ethereum Trust to trading on over-the-counter (OTC) markets.
Accredited and institutional investors can now buy and sell unregistered Grayscale Ethereum Trust shares the same way they would invest in other unregistered OTC securities using symbol ETHE.
— Grayscale (@GrayscaleInvest) June 20, 2019
Ripple and XRP
Crypto whale watchers are tracking a sale of XRP from Ripple’s over-the-counter (OTC) distribution wallet.
The company transferred 10 million XRP worth $4.6 million to an unknown wallet, which indicates the company sold the XRP to an unnamed institution. Ripple owns more than half of all XRP in existence, with most of its holdings locked in escrow.
10,000,000 #XRP (4,654,176 USD) transferred from Ripple OTC Distribution wallet to unknown wallet
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) June 25, 2019
Litecoin’s halving is now 40 days away, according to a countdown clock from CoinGecko.
The Litecoin block reward for miners will decrease from 25 to 12.5 coins, a difference in value from about $3,542 to $1,726, according to current market prices.
The Stellar-based micropayments platform SatoshiPay has partnered with the global non-profit journalistic platform FairPlanet.
Users on FairPlanet can now donate Stellar (XLM) through any article using SatoshiPay to help the non-profit organization continue its mission to support independent journalism.
Very excited to officially announce our collaboration with @SatoshiPay which allows our readers to give blockchain micro-donations in #Lumens. Read more and get your first 100 lumens from @StellarOrg on our website! https://t.co/hKWIGo9tFY pic.twitter.com/JE391XKzEy
— FAIRPLANET (@fairplanet) June 24, 2019