21 Million Investors in the US Are Interested in Bitcoin: Grayscale Report
In a new study issued by Grayscale Investments in collaboration with Q8 Research, 1,100 US investors reveal that 36% would consider an investment in Bitcoin, representing a potential market of more than 21 million investors, assuming the US investing public is 63 million.
Our survey found that 36% of U.S. investors would consider an investment in $BTC, representing a potential market of over 21mm investors in the general population. What else did we learn about individual investors' perceptions about investing in Bitcoin? https://t.co/hoYOnqPaFL pic.twitter.com/CK35tfjOcQ
— Grayscale (@GrayscaleInvest) July 25, 2019
According to Grayscale, the survey represents some of the first publicly shared data on retail investors and their perceptions of Bitcoin.
- 79% are swayed by Bitcoin’s growth potential
- 75% like Bitcoin’s scarcity and the prospect of investors competing for a limited pool of the finite asset.
- 42% of Bitcoin-interested investors are Republican
- 37% of Bitcoin-interested investors are Democrat
- 57% of Bitcoin-interested investors are male
- 43% of Bitcoin-interested investors are female
- 75% of all investors say that digital crime is their number one fear about Bitcoin
- 68% of investors interested in Bitcoin say that digital crime is their number one fear about Bitcoin
You can download the full survey here.