A crypto whale is flexing its muscle after sending $445 million in Bitcoin between two wallets in a single transaction.
The lone whale moved the 51,511 BTC on Monday. The transaction fee cost 0.00002860 BTC – which amounts to just 23 cents. According to the crypto tracker Blockstream, the fee would have been 16% lower if the sender had used the Bitcoin scaling solution known as SegWit-Bech32.
This is the second mega Bitcoin transaction in a month. A separate whale recently moved 123,447 BTC worth a mind-blowing $1.1 billion.
Whale activity has picked up in the last week as BTC grows increasingly volatile. Here’s a look at the largest Bitcoin transactions in the last 24 hours.
- 1,471 BTC worth $12.6 million transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 674 BTC worth $5.8 million transferred from unknown wallet to Binance
- 700 BTC worth $6.0 million transferred from unknown wallet to Binance
- 2,009 BTC worth $17.1 million transferred from Coinfloor to unknown wallet
- 1,000 BTC worth $8.6 million transferred from Bitfinex to unknown wallet
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Andrea Danti