Crypto whale watchers just spotted a massive transaction on the Bitcoin ledger.
The whale transferred 14,500 BTC worth $129,279,907 – for a fee of just $1.21. The Bitcoin was moved from one wallet of unknown origin to another unknown wallet.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 14,500 #BTC (129,279,907 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) March 3, 2020
The transfer comes amid a rise in whale activity to start the week.
In the last 24 hours, some of the largest Bitcoin holders in existence have moved a total of 29,171 BTC worth $259 million.
Here’s a look at the 12 largest BTC transfers in the last day. Four of those transfers involved cryptocurrency moving from unknown wallets to crypto exchanges, where it could potentially be sold on the open market.
- 572 BTC (5,004,536 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to Binance
- 1,000 BTC (8,828,754 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to OKEx
- 926 BTC (8,148,438 USD) transferred from OKEx to unknown wallet
- 1,000 BTC (8,801,717 USD) transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 645 BTC (5,747,689 USD) transferred from Coinbase to unknown wallet
- 14,500 BTC (129,279,907 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 2,478 BTC (22,230,860 USD) transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 550 BTC (4,925,769 USD) transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 2,000 BTC (17,813,098 USD) transferred from OKEx to Binance
- 1,000 BTC (8,947,104 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to OKEx
- 2,000 BTC (17,676,539 USD) transferred from Binance to OKEx
- 2,500 BTC (22,095,676 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to Tidex
Meanwhile, Ripple continues to move millions of dollars worth of XRP, after unlocking one billion XRP at the start of the month.
According to the XRPL Monitor, Ripple has sent 70,139,458 XRP worth $16.3 million in the last 24 hours.
The XRP was sent across five separate transactions and, according to the XRP explorer Bithomp, Ripple sent 19,339,458 XRP to a wallet activated by the digital asset trust company BitGo. The rest of the XRP was sent between wallets owned by Ripple itself.
Transaction Type: Payment
Amount: 19,339,458.12 XRP
Fee: 12 drops (0.000012 XRP)
Sender Balance: 826,034.35441
Receiver Balance: 21,349,213.054264
— XRPL Monitor (@XRPL_Monitor) March 2, 2020
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/R. Maximiliane