One of the richest Bitcoin investors in history is suddenly moving their crypto fortune.
An anonymous whale just transferred 13,242 BTC worth $175.1 million for a fee of just $0.84. The transfer was first reported by a whale-watching bot known as Whale Alert.
According to the latest block explorer data, the whale moved the coins to three separate addresses. An unknown wallet with a total of four transactions received 13,242 BTC while a second wallet of unknown origin got 300 BTC. The third wallet involved received less than one BTC.
BitInfoCharts reveals that the whale created the original wallet on October 22nd and immediately became the 51st richest wallet in existence.
In addition, Whale Alert spotted a number of large BTC transactions that occurred as Bitcoin tried to breach $13,000. Here’s the summary of the last day’s biggest Bitcoin transactions, which when you include the giant transaction above, totaled 25,998 BTC worth $339.7 million.
- 800 BTC worth $10.3 million transferred from Bitstamp to Coinbase
- 925 BTC worth $11.9 million transferred from Binance to wallet of unknown origins
- 1,000 BTC worth $12.8 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to Xapo
- 2,000 BTC worth $25.8 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to Bitstamp
- 999 BTC worth $12.8 million transferred from Binance to wallet of unknown origins
- 1,095 BTC worth $14.1 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to Coinbase
- 1,754 BTC worth $22.6 million transferred from Coinbase to wallet of unknown origins
- 800 BTC worth $10.4 million transferred from Coinbase to Huobi
- 2,383 BTC worth 31 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to Coinbase
- 1,000 BTC worth $12.9 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to Coinbase
Ethereum whales are also extremely active. Whale Alert reported five transactions amounting to 398,124 ETH worth $164.8 million over the same stretch.
- 159,245 ETH worth worth $66.6 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to an unknown wallet
- 50,000 ETH worth $20.4 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to an unknown wallet
- 90,000 ETH worth $37.1 million transferred from wallet unknown origins to an unknown wallet
- 15,000 ETH worth $6.1 million transferred from Binance to wallet of unkown origins
- 83,879 ETH worth $34.6 million transferred from wallet of unknown origins to Uniswap
As for Ripple’s native token, Whale Alert spotted one significant movement of 30 million XRP worth $7.7 million in the last 24 hours. The transfer sent the XRP from an unknown wallet to the crypto exchange Bybit.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Tithi Luadthong