A massive amount of Ethereum (ETH) worth half a billion dollars is on the move, as crypto whales relocate their ETH troves.
This Friday, blockchain tracker Whale Alert spotted a series of transactions in which large Ethereum holders moved 237,419 ETH, worth $557,777,068, in just over 10 hours.
In the largest transaction of the series, a whale sent its entire 55,277 ETH stash worth $129.94 million from one unknown wallet address to another. The sending wallet had previously received a little over 50,000 ETH in its first transaction – 26 days ago – from a sender who also emptied its wallet.
The trail of transactions, which goes as far back as nearly a year, indicates that the controlling entity appears to be emptying wallets and relocating the ETH trove to new addresses.
On top of the largest ETH movement of the day, five whales moved huge amounts of Ethereum between wallets of unknown origins. Two deep-pocketed investors shifted ETH from an unknown wallet to a crypto exchange, and one big-time crypto holder transferred ETH from an exchange to an unknown wallet.
Here’s the summary of the largest ETH transactions in the past day:
- 36,168 ETH worth $89.1 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet.
- 36,168 ETH worth $88.4 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet.
- 33,000 ETH worth $79.8 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet.
- 25,119 ETH worth $59 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet.
- 5,891 ETH worth $13.9 million transferred from unknown wallet to Gemini.
- 33,000 ETH worth $77.5 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet.
- 6,487 ETH worth $15.1 million transferred from OKEx wallet to unknown wallet.
- 6,309 ETH worth $14.7 million transferred from unknown wallet to Binance.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/IM_VISUALS