Whales are suddenly moving more than $2.2 billion in Ethereum (ETH) this week across 11 separate transactions, according to the crypto tracker Whale Alert.
The moves come as ETH’s price surges and Ethereum miner balances continue to skyrocket, blockchain analytics firm Santiment reports.
“#Ethereum is up to $3,480, the coin’s highest price in 16 days. Notably, miner balances have continued to skyrocket.
532.75k $ETH is the largest balance held by miners since July 13, 2016. The value of these coins is $1.85B, easily an #AllTimeHigh.”
ETH is trading $3,588.59 at time of writing and is up more than 28% in the past week, according to CoinGecko.
Whale Alert notes that in the largest of the tracked transactions, an unknown wallet transferred a whopping 227,371 ETH worth more than $784 million to another unknown wallet on Tuesday.
Also on Tuesday, a third unknown wallet sent 50,983 ETH worth more than $180 million to a fourth unknown wallet.
On Monday, an unknown wallet transferred 105,100 ETH worth more than $353 million to Binance.
Here are some of the other notable ETH whale transactions from the past few days, including several significant transfers to and from crypto exchanges:
- 33,035.72 ETH worth nearly $113 million sent from Binance to an unknown wallet
- 30,000 ETH worth more than $104.4 million sent from an unknown wallet to Binance
- 33,481.523 ETH worth more than $113.7 million sent an unknown wallet to an unknown wallet
- 26,854.955 ETH worth more than $92.8 million sent from an unknown wallet to FTX
- 20,240.879 ETH worth more than $69.9 million sent from Binance to an unknown wallet
- 19,551.967 ETH worth more than $69.1 million sent from an unknown wallet to FTX
- 44,455.164 ETH worth more than $156.2 million sent from an unknown wallet to an unknown wallet
- 48,000 ETH worth more than $167.7 million sent from Bithumb to an unknown wallet
Check Price Action
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Giftxel