HodlX Guest Post Submit Your Post
Crypto markets have been trading poorly, along with broader risk markets, since the start of 2022.
Over the past week, Bitcoin is down 11.7% and Ethereum is down 17.3%. As for our crypto indices, our DeFi index has fallen 13.9% over the past week and our smart contract index is down 18.1%but the biggest decline has been in our metaverse index, which is down 21% (see charts below). The metaverse index is now down 45% since its peak in late November 2021.
Here are the performance details.
- DeFi index Aave (AAVE) is currently down the most at 23.8%, and PancakeSwap (CAKE) is down the least at 10.8%. All five coins in our DeFi basket fell over the past seven days.
- Metaverse index Gala (GALA) is currently down the most at 30.4%, and Decentraland (MANA) is down the least at 14.4%. All five coins in our metaverse basket saw declines.
- Smart contract platform index Avalanche (AVAX) is currently down the most at 21%, and Cardano (ADA) is down the least at 13.8%. All five coins in our smart contract basket also declined.
- Bitcoin This fell 11.7% but notably has performed better than Solana, Cardano and Ethereum over the past seven days.
What are in the four indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other crypto market. he OG of crypto
- Smart contract platforms Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform, but we include rivals Solana (SOL), Cardano (ADA) and Avalanche (AVAX). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter
- Metaverse Axie Infinity (AXS), which is a play-to-earn gaming platform. Another is Decentraland (MANA), which is a virtual world that allows ownership of land, among other things. The three other coins we include are Sandbox (SAND), Enjin Coin (CNJ) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. One of the largest in this space is
- Decentralized finance (DeFi) Maker (MKR), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI) and PancakeSwap (CAKE). nancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a very broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending and borrowing or to yield farming. The five coins we have selected are Aave (AAVE),
The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.
Bilal Hafeez is the CEO and editor of Macro Hive. He spent over twenty years doing research at big banks – JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank and Nomura where he had various ‘global head’ roles and did FX, rates and cross-markets research.
Follow Us on Twitter Facebook Telegram
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Mia Stendal