HodlX Guest Post Submit Your Post
The Fed initiated its first hiking cycle since 2015 last week. The added clarity around the future hikes looks to have been a positive stimulus with risk markets, including crypto, rallying on the news. The moves are also likely influenced by more institutional adoption with Ray Dalio’s Bridgewater Associates (the world’s largest hedge fund) reportedly preparing to invest in crypto.
As for specific performance, all major coins are in the green. Our DeFi index and our smart contract index are up the most at 14% and 12% each, respectively (see charts one and two). Next, our metaverse index and privacy index are both up around 10% each. Bitcoin is up four percent, and Ethereum is outperforming at the time of writing.
- Smart contract platform index Avalanche (AVAX) is up the most at 26% and Terra (LUNA) is up the least at two percent. Ethereum (ETH) is up 12%.
- DeFi index Aave (AAVE) is up the most at 31% and Terra (LUNA) is up the least at two percent.
- Metaverse index Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK) is up the most at 20%, and Aavegotchi (GHST) is up
the least at two percent.
- Privacy index Dash (DASH) is up the most at 25% and Secret (SEC) is up the least at two percent.
- Bitcoin index This is up four percent.
What are in the four indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin: The OG of crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other crypto market.
- Smart contract platforms Cardano (ADA), Avalanche (AVAX), Solana (SOL), Fantom (FTM), VeChain (VET), Terra (LUNA), EOS (EOS) and Chainlink (LINK). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. As well as Ethereum, we also include some key competitors. The constituents of this index are Ethereum (ETH),
- Metaverse Axie Infinity (AXS), The Sandbox (SAND), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin Coin (ENJ), Aavegotchi (GHST), Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK), Ultra (UOS), Phantasma (SOUL), RedFOX Labs (RFOX) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. The constituents of this index are
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI), Yearn.finance (YFI), Loopring (LRC), PancakeSwap (CAKE), Maker (MKR), 1inch (1INCH), Thorchain (RUNE) and Terra (LUNA). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending/borrowing, yield farming, automated market making and decentralized exchange tokens. The constituents of this index are Aave (AAVE),
- Privacy coins Monero (XMR), Zcash (SEC), Dash (DASH), Verge (XVG), Horizen (ZEN), Beam (BEAM), Secret (SCRT), Decred (DCR), Keep Network (KEEP) and Dusk Network (DUSK). oins that obscure transactions on the blockchain to maintain the anonymity of its users and their activity. The constituents of this index are
The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation, or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.
Bilal Hafeez is the CEO and editor of Macro Hive. He spent over twenty years doing research at big banks – JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank and Nomura where he had various ‘global head’ roles and did FX, rates and cross-markets research.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Agung Afriady/LongQuattro