HodlX Guest Post Submit Your Post
Crypto markets have been relatively more stable as of late, with Bitcoin down only one percent over the past week. Certainly, Monday’s announcement of Elon Musk’s $44 billion buyout of Twitter helped crypto.
But now it’s the turn of the heavyweight US tech companies (Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Facebook) to potentially influence crypto. They report earnings this week, and with crypto correlation high against NASDAQ, any surprises will set the tone for crypto in the coming weeks.
As for the performance of our various indexes, they are all in the red (see charts one and two). Our metaverse index is down the most at six percent, followed by our privacy index at five percent. Our smart contract, DeFi and Bitcoin indexes are all down between one percent and two percent.
- Smart contract platform index Terra (LUNA) is the only one to have made gains it is up seven percent. Avalanche (AVAX) is down the most at six percent. Ethereum (ETH) is down two percent.
- DeFi index Uniswap (UNI) is down the most at seven percent. Terra (LUNA) is up the most at seven percent, and
- Metaverse index Phantasma (SOUL) is down the most at 13%, and The Sandbox (SAND) is down the least at one percent. ll constituents are in the red.
- Privacy index Zcash (ZEC) is up the most at six percent, and Dusk Network (DUSK) is down the most at nine percent.
- Bitcoin index This is down one percent.
What are in the five indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin crypto market. The OG of crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other
- Smart contract platforms Cardano (ADA), Avalanche (AVAX), Solana (SOL), Fantom (FTM), VeChain (VET), Terra (LUNA), EOS (EOS) and Chainlink (LINK). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. As well as Ethereum, we also include some key competitors. The constituents of this index are Ethereum (ETH),
- Metaverse Axie Infinity (AXS), The Sandbox (SAND), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin Coin (ENJ), Aavegotchi (GHST), Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK), Ultra (UOS), Phantasma (SOUL), RedFOX Labs (RFOX) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. The constituents of this index are
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Aave (AAVE), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI), Yearn.finance (YFI), Loopring (LRC), PancakeSwap (CAKE), Maker (MKR), 1inch (1INCH), Thorchain (RUNE) and Terra (LUNA). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending/borrowing, yield farming, automated market making and decentralized exchange tokens. The constituents of this index are
- Privacy coins Monero (XMR), Zcash (SEC), Dash (DASH), Verge (XVG), Horizen (ZEN), Beam (BEAM), Secret (SCRT), Decred (DCR), Keep Network (KEEP) and Dusk Network (DUSK). oins that obscure transactions on the blockchain to maintain the anonymity of its users and their activity. The constituents of this index are
The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation, or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.
Bilal Hafeez is the CEO and editor of Macro Hive. He spent over twenty years doing research at big banks – JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank and Nomura where he had various ‘global head’ roles and did FX, rates and cross-markets research.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Tithi Luadthong