The new digital trend is becoming increasingly popular not only among internet users but also among the classical offline business. Industries are adapting to new realities one by one.
Today we are witnessing the boost of those that have always been traditionally real. But what will happen to them in the metaverse?
People used to believe that the metaverse was related to the geek world only, and they still think it does not affect our material world in any way. But the worldwide lockdown and the Covid-19 pandemic gave a huge motivational kick to this domain.
As a result, today we see the integration of the real and the virtual worlds. Digital collaborations of two worlds lead to fascinating resultsfor example, virtual tourism. The expert explains why the tourism industry is easily integrated into the metaverse and why it is beneficial for everyone.
Alexander Pershikov, the metaverse expert and founder of GetExperience.com
“Tourism in the metaverse is not a huge computer game. It is the future that we are approaching every single day. Today, tourists can travel around the world without leaving home, see the events of the past in person in an artificially created reality and explore space and the underwater worlds.
“The metaverse makes travel easy and safe. This is a completely new project, which today attracts millions of investments and is popular among global brands and ordinary travelers.”
Here are the five main reasons for tourism rapidly integrating into the metaverse.
- It is bizarre. Virtual travel attracts people from all over the world. Today it seems something unusual or even unreal ut in 10 years, our society will be easily transferred between two worlds.
- It is affordable. Tourists no longer need to pay for flights and hotels. Travel starts where they want it.
- It is convenient. There are no queues, climate change, jet lag and everything else that an ordinary tourist faces during real trips.
- It is cool. Bloggers and social media influencers compete to see who will be the first to spend their holidays in the digital space and tell their followers about it.
- It is eco-friendly. In the future, virtual tourism may reduce pollution from vehicles and engines.
All these factors above become the driving force that brings together real tourism and virtual space.
Of course, this potentially complete integration has its pros and cons. But the disadvantages seem insignificant compared to all the advantages that we can get from this brand new tourist industry.
Look aroundthe world is changing every second, and we are changing with it. We travel on social networks, work on Zoom and communicate with friends on FaceTime.
We have already become a part of the new digital world, and we need to take one step more to merge with the metaverse. No one knows how long it will take to fully integrate the tourism industry into the new spacebut be sure it will happen soon.