A leading blockchain tracking firm says Ethereum (ETH) creator Vitalik Buterin is selling all his free meme coins that he was gifted.
According to data from Lookonchain, Buterin recently sold $693,000 worth of meme tokens Mops (MOPS), Cult DAO (CULT) and Shikoku (SHIK).
“vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) is selling his free sh**coins.
Currently sold 50billion MOPS for 1.25 $ETH($2K), sold 10bill CULT for 58 $ETH($91K), sold 500 trillion SHIK for 380 ETH($600K).”
With all of the moves occurring in the last few days, the meme token prices have reacted wildly differently to the large transaction. MOPS is trading for $0.000001 at time of writing, up 2,493% in the last 24 hours. CULT is worth $0.00004 at time up writing, down 6.9% on the day. SHIK is trading for $0.0000000043 at time of writing, down 73% on the day.
The Ethereum co-creator has a history of getting rid of the massive amounts of tokens often gifted to his address by smaller projects.
Two years ago, Buterin burned 90% of his Shiba Inu (SHIB) and pledged to give the remaining 10% to a charity.
The 410 trillion Shiba Inu tokens that Buterin burnt amount to about 41% of SHIB’s total supply. Upon news of the burning, SHIB spiked over 40% from $0.0000129 to $0.0000184. Buterin had been gifted half of the entire SHIB supply by Shiba Inu’s creators.Don't Miss a Beat – Subscribe to get crypto email alerts delivered directly to your inbox
Check Price Action
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Net Vector TWStock