September 28, 2023 – London, England
Decentralized ledger platform Radix Publishing has celebrated the successful completion of its long-anticipated Babylon mainnet upgrade.
The Babylon upgrade represents the end of the Olympia era and has been hailed by Radix as a game-changing moment for Web 3.0 and the wider DeFi space.
The Babylon mainnet upgrade has been described as a ‘substantial update’ to the Radix Network mainnet, enabling the deployment of Scrypto-based smart contracts and a wide swathe of new technologies and featuresmost notably, the Radix Mobile Wallet.
Piers Ridyard, CEO of RDX Works, said,
“With the Radix Babylon upgrade complete, the full stack for DeFi has come together for the first time, ushering in a new beginning for both existing users, as well as those who were hesitant to embrace DeFi and Web 3.0.
“A new ecosystem awaitsn ecosystem where builders can intuitively build and launch powerful and secure DApps, and where our friends, family and colleagues can confidently use them.”
Among the refinements supported by Babylon are the Radix Engine version two virtual machine, DeFi transaction previews that are human readable and a decentralized royalty system for developers and smart account components, as well as an on-ledger catalogue of Scrypto-based blueprints.
The Babylon upgrade brings with it five new products.
- Radix Mobile Wallet, which provides a secure way to manage accounts and hold any kind of asset, such as tokens or NFTs on Radix.
- Radix Connect, which allows users to connect their Radix Wallet to DApps on desktop browsers using a secure peer-to-peer connection with the Radix browser extension.
- Radix Dashboard, a comprehensive explorer for the Radix Network and functionalities to stake, unstake and claim XRD from validators.
- Developer Console, which provides functionalities that will be useful for developers to deploy packages to the network, ensuring a streamlined integration of new software components.
- DApp Sandbox, a developer tool that makes it easy for a developer to experiment with the kinds of requests that a DApp frontend can make to the Radix Wallet, and see the results in the wallet and format of responses.
It is believed the arrival of the Babylon mainnet upgrade will enhance user experience for Web 3.0 developers, many of whom have already become acquainted with the incoming features through their use of the betanet and RCnet testnets.
Babylon represents an open, self-incentivizing DeFi DApp ecosystem where developers can build and deploy impactful decentralized applications at scale.
Radix is the only full-stack, layer one smart contract platform that offers a radically better experience both for users and developers.
With Radix, users can confidently use Web 3.0 and DeFi to manage their assets and identitiesand for developers, Scrypto and Radix Engine provide a powerful and secure asset-oriented programming paradigm that allows builders to intuitively go from idea to production-ready DApps that their users will love.
Radix Publishing is responsible for the code security and publication of code associated with the Radix platform.
Avishay Litani, MarketAcross