New data reveals that a Bitcoin (BTC) whale is suddenly shifting around billions of dollars worth of the top crypto asset by market cap to and from wallets and crypto exchange platforms.
According to whale-surveying platform Whale Alert, the deep-pocketed BTC investor shifted 7,000 BTC, worth just over $280 million, on the night of January 25th from one unknown crypto wallet to another.
Before that, the high-net-worth crypto trader made several other transactions. Other noteworthy trades on Whale Alert’s radar include:
- 7,231 BTC worth $288,533,447 transferred from an unknown wallet to another unknown wallet.
- 3,505 BTC worth $138,712,948 transferred from an unknown wallet to another unknown wallet.
- 511 BTC worth $20,393,769 transferred from an unknown wallet to crypto exchange platform Kraken.
- 509 BTC worth $20,585,936 transferred from an unknown wallet to crypto exchange platform Bitfinex.
- 4,018 BTC worth $158,544,427 transferred from an unknown wallet to another unknown new wallet.
- 6,969 BTC worth $278,521,168 transferred from an unknown wallet to digital asset manager Coinbase Institutional.
According to the data, in total, the crypto whale moved around just over $1 billion worth of the flagship digital asset – the overwhelming majority going to unknown wallets.
Bitcoin is trading for $41,889 at time of writing, a 4.5% increase during the last 24 hours and an 8.3% rise from its seven-day low of $38,678 set on January 23rd.Don't Miss a Beat – Subscribe to get email alerts delivered directly to your inbox
Check Price Action
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Tithi Luadthong