Blockchain Developers Can Fetch Six-Figure Salaries, Wall Street Cred and a Crypto Game Reward
Job listings for blockchain developers paint a clear picture of where the smart money is going – into building infrastructure for cryptocurrency adoption and blockchain enterprise solutions. Here are a few notable listings:
Wall Street Mystery Firm
According to the listing, a firm in New York City is seeking a Senior Blockchain Developer with a strong knowledge base of the Ethereum Virtual Machine to help them build a “cutting edge cryptocurrency trading platform for highly sophisticated and demanding cryptocurrency traders across the globe.”
The ideal candidate will have blockchain development experience with previous experience in a global financial services or fintech firm working on a trading platform and on large scale, high-traffic web applications.
Given how competitive the blockchain job market is, the listing notes that “a willingness” to learn more about cryptocurrency will suffice if you don’t already having a strong personal interest. At the same time, they’re looking for candidates with seven years of experience formulating technology strategy and architecture.
- Server side frameworks (preferably NodeJS)
- NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB)
- Solidity programming experience
- Blockchain, web and enterprise related technologies such as go-ethereum/Solidity, Node.js, AngularJS,
- Python, Go, or Rust
- Low-level application development in C++ or Go Wallet integration
No salary is posted for this listing.
Blockchain Mining Investment Firm
If you’re into the sunny skies of Santa Monica, California and also willing to code smart contracts, this listing for a Blockchain Developer is offering some key perks: telecommute options, career growth and benefits.
The company is promising to develop groundbreaking technology, and the new hire will work with seasoned blockchain pros.
Hyperledger experience is strongly preferred.
- 1+ year developing for Ethereum with solidity and related tools (truffle, geth, etc.)
- Written smart contracts and deployed them to the Ethereum blockchain
- Familiarity with ERC20 token standard
- Deep understanding of blockchain logic
- GIT or SVN required
- Solid knowledge of Bitcoin and Bitcoin mining
- 5+ years of enterprise experience with cryptography
Salary: $250,000 annually
Global payments giant Mastercard is looking for outstanding software developers who can create innovative payment solutions at Mastercard’s R&D Lab. They drop the word “expert” five times in their listing to attract the top of the top in blockchain development.
- Design, build and launch robust, flexible, scalable, enterprise Blockchain solutions
- Ensure all services can be readily published as APIs on the Mastercard Developers platform
- Keep up to date on technology trends and assess relevance in the payments space
- Must be solutions oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
- Experience in Agile development.
- Expert software development skills
- Expert in distributed computing
- Expert knowledge of security protocols and encryption
- Understanding of Blockchain technology
- Expert in a functional language: Erlang, Scala, Elixir
- Expert in Java and Spring (preferably Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
- Worked with multiple databases (relational, no-SQL etc.) e.g. Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, Hadoop, Elastic
- Experience implementing APIs and SDKs
- Experience with Swagger and familiar with Docker an advantage
- Knowledge of payment protocols an advantage
Alto Cryptogame Challenge
Powered by BlockchainGamer.Biz, the Alto Cryptogame Challenge is open to blockchain game developers who can demonstrate the interoperability of game items. Participants will need to design a next-gen game that uses Alto’s Challenge Loot Cryptoitems, and then register your pitch by June 22nd.
Five finalists will win $10,000 each and move on to the next stage to build a working demo on the Ropsten Network. They’ll be invited to present their demos at Blockchain Gamer Connects Helsinki this fall when the winners will be announced on September 12th.
Prizes: The pool is $150,000 with a grand prize worth $70,000 in cash, marketing and coins. Second place wins $10,000 in cash plus $10,000 in Alto coins. Third place wins $5,000 in cash plus $5,000 in Alto coins.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Your transfers and trades are at your own risk. Any loses you may incur are your responsibility. Please note that The Daily Hodl also participates in affiliate marketing programs.