HodlX Guest Post Submit Your Post
The boom that cryptocurrencies have made ever since Bitcoin was introduced in 2009 was seen by people as an opportunity to get rich. Many people made a fortune by investing, trading and even gambling with cryptocurrencies. Even though the number of people who became millionaires is unknown, it seems that there are plenty of them worldwide.
In today’s article, we take a look at Crypto Kings, the most successful people involved in the cryptocurrency world.
- Brian Armstrong, the CEO of Coinbase, has a crypto net worth of $900 million – $1.1 billion. As the Bitcoin mania continued, Coinbase became the most downloaded iPhone app in the USA, and its monthly unique users grew to 4.3 million, according to Verto Analytics.
- Matthew Mellon was involved in the Hanley Mellon (2008) and Mellon Drexel (2014) projects. He is an individual investor whose major crypto asset is XRP, and his involvement in the cryptocurrency world brought him an estimated net worth of $900 million – $1 billion. He turned to XRP as it works within the banking system and spent some $2 million to acquire coins after he abandoned few of his early investments in Bitcoin.
- Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, graduates from Harvard University and University of Oxford, are the co-founders of Winklevoss Capital. The twins, whose projects include ConnectU (2002), Winklevoss Capital (2012) and Gemini (2014), have a net worth of $900 million – $1 billion. After the Facebook fiasco, they began investing in Bitcoin in a big way in 2012, and also built a lucrative New York based cryptocurrency exchange called Gemini, where investors can buy and sell digital currencies.
- Changpeng “CZ” Zhao is the CEO of Binance. Founded in 2017, its 1.4 million transactions-per-second capability has attracted 6 million users, thus making it the world’s largest crypto exchange. The Chinese born investor deals with various major crypto assets and that has brought him a crypto net worth of between $1.1 and $2 billion. His major projects include Fusion Systems (2005), Blockchain.info (2013), BijieTeche (2015), and Binance (2017).
- Joseph Lubin is the co-founder of Ethereum and Founder of ConsenSys. 600 people are employed in his company ConsenSys, which serves as a “venture production studio” for the Ethereum ecosystem. SyNerG Music (2012), Ethereum (2014), and ConsenSys (2014) are his most successful projects. His crypto net worth is considered to be somewhere between $1 billion and $5 billion.
- Chris Larsen, co-founder of Ripple, is the richest Crypto King on our list with an estimated crypto net worth of $7.5 billion – $8 billion. He owns 17% of his company, which controls 61 billion of the 100 billion XRP in supply. The Stanford University graduate has worked on multiple projects such as E Loan (1997), Prosper Marketplace (2005), OpenLabs (2012), and AKA Ripple Labs (2013).
These are only several of the most successful people who chose to invest in cryptocurrencies and made fortunes out of it. They showed that they are bold and used their ideas and concepts to show the world that making smart moves in the right time is what helps you become successful.