From a prominent bitcoin bull to a big Coinbase announcement, here’s a look at some of the stories breaking in the world of crypto.
Bitcoin bull and founder of crypto investment firm BKCM Brian Kelly says the CBOE futures expiration may have played a role in Bitcoin’s bump today. He says if past is prologue, the trend could last about six days.
— CNBC's Fast Money (@CNBCFastMoney) August 15, 2018
Ethereum creator Vitalik Buterin has unleashed a tweet storm hinting that Casper may be closer to completion than people think. The proof-of-stake protocol is designed to help Ethereum scale and lower transaction costs.
75. What's left now? On the FFG side, formal proofs, refinements to the specification, and ongoing progress on implementation (already started by >=3 teams!), with an eye to safe and speedy deployment. On the CBC side, much of the same. Onward and upward!
— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) August 16, 2018
IOTA has revealed a new look at some of the projects emerging in the platform’s ecosystem. Through the IOTA Ecosystem Development Fund (EDF), the projects will receive community-donated funding with the goal of creating a vibrant group of initiatives built around the IOTA core protocol.
A new report from Germany’s RWTH Aachen University finds that the infamous browser-based miner Coinhive generates around $250,000 worth of Monero (XMR) each month. That adds up to about 1.18% of the total mining power behind the blockchain.
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and ERC20 Tokens
Coinbase says it’s redefining what a crypto wallet should be with the new Coinbase Wallet. The company says the mobile wallet is more than just a tool to access your cryptocurrency, but also a home-base for exploring the decentralized web and its possibilities.
With Coinbase Wallet, you have the ability to:
- Manage ETH and all your ERC20 tokens, with support for BTC, BCH and LTC coming “very soon”
- Receive airdrops and ICO tokens
- Buy and store crypto collectibles and use them in games, or trade them on marketplaces
- Send cross-border crypto payments to anyone, anywhere
- Access leading decentralized exchanges and relayers to buy and sell tokens
- Explore the full universe of third-party dapps that enable everything from taking out a loan or lending to others on the blockchain to earning crypto by answering questions, performing services, or completing tasks
You can download the app for iOS or Android here.