Attendees of the upcoming blockchain conference, BFC2018NA (Blockchain for Finance Conference, North America), highlight how much the worlds of traditional finance and blockchain are blending and merging as fintech solutions continue to overhaul the financial services industry. Players from both sides are doing more than exploring their intersection. They’re rewriting infrastructure built on legacy systems to reshape the industry at large.
The conference, which is slated for a two-day run at the Hilton Boston Back Bay from November 14-15, will convene C-level executives from several financial institutions, alongside blockchain developers. Their task is to explore tech innovation with a focus on leveraging digital ledger technology.
The event is sponsored by accounting advisory services firm KPMG, a Big Four auditor.
Among the 200+ representatives expected to attend, bankers from Barclays, Citi, Bank of Montreal, Northern Trust and BNY Mellon will join incumbent tech giants Oracle, Microsoft and IBM. Crypto reps from Ripple, Stellar, Clovyr and Aion, among others, will take the lead on the future of payments, decentralized applications and interoperability. Collectively these financial institutions and crypto organizations are forecasting the development of new hybrid systems, bringing crypto assets to enterprise solutions in order to transform money and data, and the flow of transactions and assets.
Topics on the agenda include
- The Promise of Blockchain for Enterprises in Financial Services
- Banking with Crypto – the Risks Involved
- Panel Discussion: The Future of Payments
- What Role will Crypto Play in the Financial Services?
- KPMG and Goldman Sachs Panel
- Northern Trust’s Crypto Asset Strategy
- Panel Discussion: How Crypto Assets and Tokens Could Affect Financial Services
- Collaborating in the Digital Asset Ecosystem