Crypto Whales Move $273 Million in Ethereum, Plus News on Bitcoin, Ripple and XRP, Tron, Stellar, Litecoin and Cardano
From a quarter of a billion dollars in Ethereum on the move to Bitcoin’s quest to become digital gold, here’s a look at some of the stories breaking in the world of crypto.
Ethereum whales are out in force. Since Friday, more than $273 million in Ethereum (ETH) has been transferred in 21 separate transactions.
• 20,000 ETH ($3,185,112)
• 115,304 ETH ($18,094,118)
• 112,419 ETH ($17,641,413)
• 102,591 ETH ($16,099,036)
• 98,014 ETH ($15,380,804)
• 87,085 ETH ($13,665,797)
• 77,736 ETH ($12,198,705)
• 76,212 ETH ($11,953,596)
• 58,938 ETH ($9,244,212)
• 57,813 ETH ($9,067,720)
• 43,919 ETH ($6,888,458)
• 98,000 ETH ($15,439,295)
• 98,000 ETH ($15,408,068)
• 25,690 ETH ($4,030,882)
• 110,000 ETH ($17,220,401)
• 110,000 ETH ($17,201,138)
• 75,426 ETH ($11.48 million)
• 88,657 ETH ($13.49 million)
• 88,877 ETH ($13.52 million)
• 124,388 ETH ($18.92 million)
• 92,652 ETH ($14.08 million)
Here’s a breakdown of the mass migration:
• Ten of the largest transactions are from the crypto exchange Bitfinex to unknown wallets
• One transfer is from the crypto exchange Gemini to an unknown wallet
• One is from an unknown wallet to the crypto exchange Kraken
• One is from an unknown wallet to the crypto exchange ZB
• The rest of the transfers are between two unknown wallets
The author of “Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain”, Andreas Antonopoulos says he believes Bitcoin’s market cap will grow far beyond gold.
According to Antonopoulos, the ease at which Bitcoin can be moved and verified will cement the coin’s status as “digital gold.” He also believes Bitcoin will be one of many cryptocurrencies that are adopted as reserve currencies.
“I think it will be one of the many reserve currencies that can be used to underpin value on other things. There doesn’t have to be only one anymore.”
Ripple and XRP
Ripple and XRP supporter Hodor has published his latest overview on the major news of the week.
The article covers the “proof of keys” movement, Ripple’s attendance at the Entrepreneurship Summit in NYC, the expansion of the XRP Community API, and new pairings for XRP on Coinmetro and Bitrue.
Litecoin, Cardano, Stellar, Tron, Monero
New analysis of the crypto bear market finds that various top coins became increasingly correlated in 2018.
According to The Block, 10 of the top 15 cryptocurrencies had a price correlation of at least 64%.
Five specific crypto pairs had a correlation above 80% – Bitcoin and Litecoin; Cardano and Stellar; Bitcoin and Monero; Ethereum and Litecoin; and Monero and Litecoin.
Tron had the weakest correlation with other crypto assets.