The leading crypto exchange Binance has removed 30 trading pairs from its platform.
Binance says it axed the pairs to “improve liquidity and user trading experience among our wide range of available assets.”
The sweep included the removal of BitTorrent Token’s (BTT) relatively recent pairing with Bitcoin. BTT remains paired with Binance Coin, Tether (USDT), Paxos Standard (PAX), TrueUSD (TUSD) and USD Coin (USDC).
Here’s a look at all of the pairs on the chopping block.
Back in April, Binance delisted Bitcoin SV (BSV) from its platform entirely.
At the time, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao denounced the rhetoric of BSV creator Craig Wright and called him a “fraud.”
The exchange also removed Bytecoin (BCN), ChatCoin (CHAT), Iconomi (ICN) and Triggers (TRIG) in October of last year, citing a broad list of criteria required for coins to remain on the platform.
- Commitment of team to project
- Quality and level of development activity
- Network/smart contract stability
- Level of public communication and activity
- Responsiveness to our periodic due diligence
- Evidence of unethical/fraudulent conduct
- Contribution to a healthy and sustainable crypto ecosystem