A number of high net worth crypto entities known in the industry as whales are making their presence felt, collectively moving billions of dollars worth of Bitcoin.
In the last 24 hours, the crypto whale tracking bot Whale Alert registered 15 transactions that witnessed the movement of 55,736 BTC worth $1.97 billion.
The largest transaction of the day involves the relocation of 17,283 BTC worth $627.4 million from a wallet of unknown origin to another wallet of unknown origin.
🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 17,283 #BTC (627,498,367 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) January 12, 2021
Another high-stakes crypto holder shifted 9,060 BTC worth $326.9 million between two unidentified wallets. The third-largest transaction of the day moved 4,110 BTC worth $143.1 million from one unknown wallet to another.
In addition to these transactions, six large crypto holders moved thousands of BTC from private wallets to crypto exchanges, where they could be sold or traded on the open market.
- 700 BTC worth $23.6 million sent from unknown wallet to Crypto.com
- 805 BTC worth $27.7 million sent from unknown wallet to Coinbase
- 3,000 BTC worth $104.5 million sent from unknown wallet to Coinbase
- 745 BTC worth $26.3 million sent from unknown wallet to Coinbase
- 734 BTC worth $25.8 million sent from unknown wallet to Bitbank
- 2,500 BTC worth $87.2 million sent from unknown wallet to Coinbase
Here’s the summary of the rest of the mega transactions to hit the ledger in the last day:
- 3,485 BTC worth $116.8 million sent from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 1,732 BTC worth $60.3 million sent from Coinbase to unknown wallet
- 3,750 BTC worth $127.2 million sent from Coinbase to unknown wallet
- 3,000 BTC worth $103.4 million sent from Bitstamp to unknown wallet
- 3,750 BTC worth $132.4 million sent from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 1,082 BTC worth $38.1 million sent from Binance to Bitstamp
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Sergey Nivens