As the crypto markets start to heat up after a season of cooldown, Ethereum (ETH) and Bitcoin (BTC) whales are staying active, moving nearly $2 billion in crypto assets over the past 24 hours.
In a series of six transactions, crypto whales relocated 411,799 ETH worth more than $1.34 billion to various wallets within five hours.
Data from the crypto tracker Whale Alert shows the breakdown of the six Ethereum transfers:
- 53,727 ETH worth $172.4 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 75,000 ETH worth $240.5 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 79,500 ETH worth $261.5 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 80,000 ETH worth $263.1 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 80,000 ETH worth $261.2 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 43,572 ETH worth $143.9 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
In addition to the massive moving sums of ETH, one Bitcoin whale transferred a heap of 10,000 BTC, worth over $475 million, to a wallet of unknown origin.
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) August 20, 2021
Ethereum is in the midst of a month-long rally from the July low of $1,744 to above $3,000. At time of writing, Ethereum is trading at $3,276, according to CoinGecko.
Bitcoin is testing resistance at the $50,000 level, trading at $48,861, at time of writing.Check Price Action
Don't Miss a Beat – Subscribe to get crypto email alerts delivered directly to your inbox
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/SimpleB