HodlX Guest Post Submit Your Post
Crypto markets have been choppy over the past week. Several regulatory news headlines contributed to the moves. President Joe Biden signed an executive order on cryptocurrency policy which is designed to support ‘responsible innovation,’ and MEPs in the EU voted against a proposed bill to limit proof-of-work-based cryptocurrencies. These are positive signs for crypto but it still seems unable to shrug off its correlation to equity markets amid the Russia-Ukraine tensions.
As for the specific coin performance, we see variation across sectors. Our DeFi index and our privacy index are up the most at around 10% each (see charts one and two). Our Bitcoin index and our smart contract index are up four-percent and two-percent, respectively. Lastly, our metaverse index is the only one to have registered losses week on week it’s down three-percent.
- Smart contract platform index Terra (LUNA) is up the most at 21%, and Fantom (FTM) is down the most at 18%. Ethereum (ETH) is up four-percent.
- DeFi index Thorchain (RUNE) is up the most at a staggering 70%. Meanwhile, PancakeSwap (CAKE) is down the most at five-percent.
- Metaverse index Axie Infinity (AXS) is up the most at three-percent, and RedFox Labs (RFOX) is down the most at 13%.
- Privacy index Zcash (SEC) is up the most at 35%, and Keep Network (KEEP) down the most at six-percent.
- Bitcoin index This is up four-percent.
What are in the four indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin: The OG of crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other crypto market.
- Smart contract platforms Cardano (ADA), Avalanche (AVAX), Solana (SOL), Fantom (FTM), VeChain (VET), Terra (LUNA), EOS (EOS) and Chainlink (LINK). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. As well as Ethereum, we also include some key competitors. The constituents of this index are Ethereum (ETH),
- Metaverse The Sandbox (SAND), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin Coin (ENJ), Aavegotchi (GHST), Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK), Ultra (UOS), Phantasma (SOUL), RedFOX Labs (RFOX) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. The constituents of this index are Axie Infinity (AXS),
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Aave (AAVE), Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI), Yearn.finance (YFI), Loopring (LRC), PancakeSwap (CAKE), Maker (MKR), 1inch (1INCH), Thorchain (RUNE) and Terra (LUNA). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending/borrowing, yield farming, automated market making and decentralized exchange tokens. The constituents of this index are
- Privacy coins Monero (XMR), Zcash (SEC), Dash (DASH), Verge (XVG), Horizen (ZEN), Beam (BEAM), Secret (SCRT), Decred (DCR), Keep Network (KEEP) and Dusk Network (DUSK). oins that obscure transactions on the blockchain to maintain the anonymity of its users and their activity. The constituents of this index are
The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation, or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.
Bilal Hafeez is the CEO and editor of Macro Hive. He spent over twenty years doing research at big banks – JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank and Nomura where he had various ‘global head’ roles and did FX, rates and cross-markets research.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/studiostoks